OMG - lucky timing! (mall shooting)

Beetle
on 11/22/08 9:39 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Oh my goodness - you might have heard about the shooting at the Southcenter Mall by now?

My family and I walked past that very spot just moments before - we heard the sirens on our way from the parking lot!

So far, it appears that two young guys got shot. The mall has been evacuated (or rather that is still happening) and they are searching the place for the shooter.

I had debated going to the restroom, but decided against it........ just as well, it would have put us right there at that very time!

I would like to thank my guardian angel for convincing me that I really didn't need to "go" just at that time.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Shelley S.
on 11/22/08 10:28 am - Ft Lewis, WA
 Oh my gosh girl that is scary!!! I'm so glad you were out of harms way at the time of the shooting.  I hope the 2 young men who were shot are ok.  That is so scary!!

jlph62
on 11/22/08 10:36 am - Olympia, WA
My niece is the asst mgr at the Mac Store and it happened right in front of her store.  She called right when it happened; she was terrified, but now is driving home.
Helen_Anne
on 11/22/08 10:39 am - Bremerton, WA

OMG ... thank goodness for your guardian angel!  I am so glad you and your family is safe!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Shelly W.
on 11/22/08 1:52 pm - Sumner, WA
Thank Jesus that you were not in the middle of it. 
--Shelly

jillianD
on 11/22/08 1:52 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Holy cow!! I am glad you are ok!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nean
on 11/23/08 12:03 am - Tacoma, WA
Glad you were not involved!

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

Karen F.
on 11/23/08 5:23 am - Renton, WA
I just read about the tragedy in the paper.  I'm so glad you escaped by lucky coincidence.  What a loss for the young man's family. How quickly a young life is extinguished--never to be again.
nancy6
on 11/24/08 9:43 am - Tacoma, WA

Omigosh, Karin...  I'm so glad to hear that you were out of there before the shooting!  What a scary time for those poor shoppers who were in the mall at that time.   And what a tragedy for all involved.  Thank God he was looking out for you and your family!!

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/24/08 11:28 am - Buckley, WA
Karin , I'm really glad you & your family weren't harmed . The angels were watching over you that afternoon .

Most Active